Emissions in Nashville - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

openboater is an unknown
Emissions in Nashville

I live in Nashville TN and am trying to figure out if my '02 wrx will pass emissions without a cat on it. It has a Cobb exhaust on it now with no cat. I do have original exhaust and I am wondering if I have to put original exhaust back on it before it'll pass emissions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Nashville Emissions
Read all of that, it's the best I can do for ya.
We do have one or two guys that regular here, from Nashville or around that neck of the woods. They will probably chime in soon

GL, sorry I couldn't be more help

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
what part of nashville do you live in.. i thought they got rid of the emissions there.. i live in clarksville tn and we dont have to pass emissions
#4 Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i just read up on this issue also b/c i just bought a house in nashville.. you got 3 ways(there may be more) that should pass you.. one you can use this stuff Buy CRC Guaranteed to Pass® Emissions Test Formula 05063 at Advance Auto Parts. follow instructions make an appointment to get it tested,but leave a little earlier and get on the highways and get your car nice and hot.. go at least 80+ mph which aint the much over the speed limit of 70 here. then get to your appointment right on time then you should be good to go. 2 way to pass if you find a shop that will pass you for a fee. and the 3rd way if the car is paid off is you can sell the car to a family member and get it reg in there county and you should be good to go.. as far as the last part i know it works b/c my 1st car i drove for 5 years in clarksville tn was in my dads name and had Ok tags. i got pulled over like 10+ times in that car and not once did i get a ticket b/c i had out of state tags. my reg is up in march so im good till then.. moving to my new house 1st of nov.. so im in the same boat as you