Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 tail of the dragon annual boxer takeover

29K views 154 replies 15 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
Ladies and gents, I know it's early but, the time will be upon us once again before you know it. May 9, 2015 will be the date for the official 2015 Tail of the dragon boxer takeover. If you have never heard of the dragon or been there then this a must drive that should be on your bucket list. Tucked back in the woods around the North Carolina/Tennessee border is a local secret that has became a world renowned must visit for car enthusiast. Known officially as Deals gap, The dragon, or Tail of the dragon it is 11 miles of white knuckle technical switchback driving consisting of 318 curves.

This time around will mark the fourth annual boxer takeover. There will be vendors, prizes, a dinner, meet, and much more. I will be updating this thread periodically with info, links, and such. I live close so I can answer most questions or help with anyone planning to attend. A few of our members are planning to attend this year which has me stoked about this one! I would like our forum and the Subaru community to have a great turn out! Some of our members are traveling a very long distance to attend so, there should be no excuse for some of you who are pretty close to come on out.

Here are links to the facebook page for the event and the official website for it.
https://www.facebook.com/events/700094726731867/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
https://annualboxertakeover.squarespace.com/

I would like to keep a list of members that plan on coming so we will all know and can get together. I will update the list as needed if you let me know you plan to attend.

Attending
1. Blaze2099
2. psinuse
3. boo-key bear
4. the RIOT act
5. NeverSummer
6. man show
7. LW_Black4
8. Epictofer
9. Xnathanx2

See less See more
#148 ·
Thanks! Everytime you looked around in there you found something
You didn't see before.

Thanks for all the pictures. I particularly like the shots of cars leaning mid-turn. I'm so envious! It's great to see our members together at these types of events too!
No problem. Myself and some other members have some great high resolution shots by the roadside photographers. I just haven't figured out which ones I like best yet to order.

#155 ·
Sadly this event might not be happening any more unless someone takes over the responsibility of putting it on. The event coordinator has decided to stop doing it but, is willing to help someone out who is capable of continuing the tradition in a well organized and professional fashion such as he did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.