Shopping for a 2011 WRX sedan in limited trim w/nav - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

KEVG's WRX is an unknown
Shopping for a 2011 WRX sedan in limited trim w/nav

Shopping for a 2011 WRX sedan in limited trim with Nav
Hi all,

I'm new here to the forum and hope to be here for a long time if all goes well. I'm currently shopping for a 2011 WRX sedan in limited trim. I reached out to a few dealers looking for online quotes and didn't get far. I did receive a number of calls saying they have cars in stock but they are hard to get and wanted me to come in before they will quote a price. So I took a trip to a local dealer that had 4 in stock. After looking at the cars in the lot with the sales person, I started talking price. My plan is to be up front and not beat around the bush. I don't have time for a lot of back and forth haggling. So I asked what are looking to get over invoice for the car? He said "sticker works". Well "sticker doesn't work for me" I have never paid sticker for a car and I've always been successful with paying a few hundred over invoice.

So is this what I'm up against in my mission to be a WRX owner? For those that have purchased a 2011 - what are you typically paying over invoice in the NY Tri-State area?

MSRP for the model I'm looking for is $31,720 and invoice is $29,771

Also - maybe someone can recommend a good dealer I can work with.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It really just depends on the guy you talk to. You could talk to a different sales person at the same dealer and have more luck, or he may be even more difficult to crack.

My saving grace was the costco discount. Basically it give you the car for a bit over invoice plus tax. My car stickerd at 29xxx and I walked out the door for 27,400.

http://www.costcoauto.com/default.aspx

-Chris
post #3 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

NJJer is an unknown
ED, if you are willing to travel about 90 miles or so in Pa. I can hook you up with a dealer that will get you a great deal.He will either find the car you want, or order it for you.

I too got tired of the salesman BS and just took a 157 mile drive from my house. It was well worth the trip as I have an STI Limited on order for a price that made the trip well worth while.

As an FYI, order time is 3-4 weeks with mine. I got in when the dealer order was being placed, so it will not take that long.

PM me if you want more info. I don't post things like this as I do not want the owner, who is who I am dealing with, to be hit up by every kid with big dreams and empty pockets.

Jer
post #4 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage