PA WRX cruise - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexywrxchick
I really wish I could go, I just got everything installed on my car and got tuned.... But Philly is on the other side of Pa from where I am, I'm by Pittsburgh,PA.....Sounds like its gonna be fun though, are there any people on here from the Greensburg/Latrobe/Pittsburgh area??

April
the glass lined tanks of latrobe. Ah... how I long for thee. Dude. Hop right on the turnpike and you're here... in 3.5 hrs assuming no traffic.

I got buddies in greensburg who come to philly from greensburg and do it in a little over 2hrs doing ~120mph on the freeway. For what it's worth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc
the glass lined tanks of latrobe. Ah... how I long for thee. Dude. Hop right on the turnpike and you're here... in 3.5 hrs assuming no traffic.

I got buddies in greensburg who come to philly from greensburg and do it in a little over 2hrs doing ~120mph on the freeway. For what it's worth
Yeah, I'm driving 6 hours to be there, after all....
#48 Old 04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

nolimit4 is an unknown
Due to an unfortunate incident i will b able to make the meet Sunday the 24th. I have been caught up with some things and haven't had a chance to finish the last details for the meet. I know that i kinda rushed all of the details for the meeting, but next time everything will b planned out better for everyone's convenience. I'm not saying that it is cancelled i'm just saying that i can't come up with anymore of the exact details. The meet is still on for 9 am on Sunday the 24th, sry to let you guys down. Next time i'll be more prepared.

~ RaY
#49 Old 04-20-2005, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
Just so you know, saturday the 23rd of april is a meet at 4pm in valley forge park , parking lot behind the arch. sunday is a good sized meet in West Chester area/delaware @ 1 i think. let me know if anyone wants more info and ill post the links.
im still trying to make the saturday valley forge meeting and then shoot 10 minutes down the t.p. to fort washington to meet/eat with cosmo. Looking forward to it.
This is all after a friday of driving 16 hours to columbus ohio and back to trade my Roush for a harley f150. I have no use for the Mustang any more. The truck will be much better for my needs. Im pretty sad about the deal but it is a very very nice truck. I just wish i could have made it to summit point to destroy afew sti's. There is no comparison between the S3 and my buds STI's. Not even my friends cobb stage 2. Not evn close. Probably to much power loss from the awd.
#50 Old 04-20-2005, 08:57 AM

Garage
I'll be there if I can find valley forge park. I'm coming from norristown on 202. Can I get directions?
#51 Old 04-20-2005, 12:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
might want to jump on the turnpike(76west) and get off at valley forge exit (first exit). first right thru tolls. about 1-2 miles on gulph rd is valley forge park. EASY
if not , 202 to 23. 23 gets alittle "funny" at 202 and 23, just over a bridge on 202 is 23, make right (i think youre in bridgport now) and 23 weaves adn turns but will put you at the park enterance soon as you cross over 422. 23 continues right at the light but straight is the park. can miss it. the arch is on the other side of the park, youll go around the visitor center , left up hill and bear rt at top so you stay in the park(or you go back to the exit) its a big park, watch out for dear, girls and wrx's.
pm if yu want me cell if you get lost...lol
#52 Old 04-21-2005, 02:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So, what's the weather forecast for this weekend up there?
#53 Old 04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx27 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrx27
Anyone know the best way from Lansdale area?
#54 Old 04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx27 is an unknown
And how about pottstown as well for my freind?
#55 Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Garage
I can do directions from those two... at least to get you to the point where rpfride's kick in.

Lansdale you're going to want to hop on 476 south (turnpike) and follow it onto 276 turnpike heading west. Quoting rpfride: "and get off at valley forge exit (first exit). first right thru tolls. about 1-2 miles on gulph rd is valley forge park. EASY:"

from pottstown, you hop on 422 east toward philly and get off at 23 heading west. Quoting rpfride: "23 continues right at the light but straight is the park. can miss it."
#56 Old 04-21-2005, 03:42 PM

Garage
oh, and thunderstorms
#57 Old 04-21-2005, 08:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sexywrxchick is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Sexywrxchick
I really wanted to come....But unfortunately I wont be able to make any meets for the next 2 months, my car is about to throw a rod....I think one of the piston rings rubbed the block and cracked it because not only is a rod knocking but its leaking coolant, I am going to rip everything apart tommorow and see whats up, so I will have downtime with my baby , I think it had too much power for the stock 2.0, but I am getting the 2.65 and the PPG straight cut gears from Andrew at Hillmuth soon .....But its ok for now, I have the r6, I can always bring that to a meet, and make it in about 1 hour

April
#58 Old 04-22-2005, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, I'm here. Springhill Suites in Willow Grove. I talked to RPFRIDE and mosc earlier. mosc suggested maybe the King of Prussia mall since it has a big parking garage. I'll be in touch with both of them tomorrow after class to see what's going on.

I look forward to meeting all of you that can make it!
#59 Old 04-23-2005, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx27 is an unknown
Thanks Mosc
#60 Old 04-23-2005, 09:39 PM

Garage
http://www.mosc.com/d/april23/

here are some pictures my wife and I took. I had a great time and got to meet cosmo! Thanks for a wonderful time all.

Sorry a few of your cars didn't come out in focus, my wife is still learning the camera! (full res pics available upon request)