Subaru WRX Forum banner

looking for 2010 headlights

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
i have a 2010 WRB WRX wagon and in need for new headlights. I had HID installed for my high, low and fogs. i did not know the dealership who installed them drilled holes in my headlights for the high beams to go through. I would like to get a new set of headlights because I am thinking of getting rid of the HID's because they have been nothing but a hassle and not working all the time. Thanks message me or email me if any available.

#5 ·
well for the high beams for hid's you had to drill it out for the high beam to work. my friend is trying to rewire all my hids to see if that will fix it ### all of sudden they stopped working but my low beams were fine.
and i never knew about the sti option. i will have to check that on out. thanks!

#8 ·
When you replace the lights, I suggest removing every single HID component that was installed.

High beams are completely incompatible with HIDs because quick on-off operation will kill the bulbs in short order. HIDs have a warm up period that seperate high beams do not allow for. This is why the only highs option available with this setup is bi-xenon.

HID fogs are a sheer mountain of stupidity. The entire concept of running them is incompatible with the idea of how foglights work, using a wide spread of lower intensity light. Foglights have a lesser cutoff by design so you are blinding other drivers and they are simply too bright for use in fog in rain. Light you'd be projecting would just bend and refract back into your own eyes. Ever used your high beams in fog? Same results because of too intense light and too much light being sent up. You can't see a thing. And not only that but you're projecting that into other drivers' vision. There is a reason that there are no HID foglight options from ANY respectable lighting company.

Lows need specifically designed optics in order to use HIDs properly. Your halogen lenses do not focus the light properly and you will be shooting light up into oncoming cars and cars in front of you. Just because they are projectors it doesn't mean it will work correctly. I know 1st hand on a 2008 WRX (same optics as what's in your car).

Your purchases were not well thought out or researched before hand. As a courtesy, I suggest doing this in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.