Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Tri State WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   **CT: TunerNetwork.com FoodDRIVE & Meet- 11/7/04** (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f100/ct-tunernetwork-com-fooddrive-meet-11-7-04-a-6348/)

SOUTHPAW 11-04-2004 04:04 PM

**CT: TunerNetwork.com FoodDRIVE & Meet- 11/7/04**

[SIZE=6]SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7th- Mark your schedules, this is gonna be BIG!!![/SIZE]

With the Holiday Season coming up on us fast, TunerNetwork.com is putting on it's First Annual Food Drive. This is an organized event which consists of a meeting location, an approximately 90-Mile Caravan Drive through the very scenic (Fall Foilage) NorthEast portion of Connecticut, and a final meet destination. At the meet destination we will be holding a car meet. The drive should take approximately 1hr to 2 hrs to complete (Depending on Traffic Etc). We ask that everyone involved bring a Non-Perishable Food Item(s) (ex. Can Goods, Crackers, etc), which will be handed over to a local soup kitchen at the end of the meet. This is for a Great Cause and gives us a reason to drive through some sweet Scenic Routes. The drive is awesome, with some long straights, to some of the best windy roads in Connecticut. Please Respond to this if you plan on attending. I will be keeping track of who signs up, so I can get an accurate count.

[COLOR=Red]**If you want to just attend the meet, we plan on being back at the Crystal Mall at approximately 1pm, maybe sooner**[/COLOR]

Directions and Important Info Below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Start/Finish:
Crystal Mall - Meet in Lot by SEARS!
850 Hartford Turnpike (Rte 85)
Waterford, CT 06385
Click Here For Directions

When: 11/07/04 - Meeting at 10:00am, Caravan Leaves at 11:00am SHARP!
[COLOR=Red]Driving Route Directions: **RECOMMENDED: PRINT THIS OUT, and get yourself a map and HIGHLIGHT THE DRIVING ROUTE, especially if you are not familar with it. We will have a Half-Way Meeting Point to wait for people that get hung up in any traffic.**-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]
- Exit Crystal Mall Parking Lot (Take Right) onto Rte 85 and travel South approximately 1/4 Mile. Take I-95 North.
- On I-95 North, travel over the Gold Star Bridge (over the Thames River) and take Exit 86 (Lefthand Exit).
- Travel East on Rte 184 towards Old Mystic.
- Take Rte 27 South to Mystic.
- Take Rte 1 East to the Junction with Rte 2. Go North on Rte 2.
- Take a Right onto Rte 49 (Travel North) and approach the intersection with Rte 184. At this light, travel across the intersection back onto Rte 49 (Continue Traveling North).
- Approach Stop Sign and Intersection with Rte 216, take Left at Stop Sign and continue on Rte 49.
- You will eventually come to another Stop Sign, take a Right, and on your left you will see a MOBIL GAS STATION, this is the HALFWAY MEETING LOCATION!!!! **We will try and wait for everyone at this location to make sure no one got lost**
- We will take a left out of the Gas Station Parking Lot, this will be Rte 138. About 1/2 Mile on your Left, will be Rte 49 North again, take this Left!
- Follow Rte 49 to the end, you will come to another Stop Sign, take a Left onto Rte 14A.
- Take Rte 14A to Rte 169 and take a left onto Rte 169.
- Go South on Rte 169 and onto Rte 2 to Norwich.
- Follow Rte 2 to the intersection with Rte 214, take a right onto Rte 214 and follow to Rte 12. Take a Right onto Rte 12.
- Follow Rte 12 for a few miles until you get to Rte 2A. Take a Left onto Rte 2A. Follow Rte 2A to the I-395 split for North or South. Stay to the Left and take I-395 South towards New York. Take Exit 77 off of I-395 and take a left onto Rte 85. Follow Rte 85 to the Crystal Mall. Final Meet Destination is the same lot located by SEARS!

This might sound COMPLICATED to some, but it really isnt, get a map and go over the route. I will have printed out directions and maps for everyone attending this drive. IF you want, just show up and follow us, it is a pretty easy route. It is a fun and very scenic drive. Bring the family if you wish also. I might also have another meet destination for us to check out afterwards, but they haven't gotten back to me yet, so for now, the final meet destination is the Crystal Mall.

There is plenty of time to plan for this and attend. It is for a great cause and hope that alot of you will join us. If you know any of us from TunerNetwork.com, you know we go out of our way to make it fun! We will also have some free sticker giveaways etc. Let's show our support and give to the Needy.

If anyone has any questions etc, please email me: [email]Zazza_CEO@TunerNetwork.com[/email]
Or Call: 860.213.0625
AIM: TN ZAZZA CEO or Milger687

SOUTHPAW 11-05-2004 10:00 AM

The majority of cars attending is probably Subaru, but all makes are welcome! There is approx. 40-50 people signed up and the more the merrier! !Thumbs Up